Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lack of Motivation and Direction



"Dear Benevolent Lord Sotlio,

I've been consciously into spirituality and energy stuff for about 8 years now. Before that it was in my life without my realizing it. I started learning a bit about energy healing 8 years ago, and suddenly I started meeting and connecting with fellow spiritual types.


My life totally shifted one summer when a friend of mine started teaching me some really profound things. He can see and interpret people's auras quite accurately. He was channeling people and talking about helping spirits cross over. He mentioned being part of some pretty grandiose things. I was hesitant to believe some of the grander claims, but the things he said about me were pretty accurate.

I was absolutely enthralled by the whole subject and I started doing a lot of research on my own. I felt a great sense of worth and purpose in life. Since then I've had weird dreams over the years, some of which turned out to be prophetic or at the very least predictive. I've had minor success with psychic skills and witnessed good results from doing energy work with the few people who would actually accept the help. Probably the strangest thing that ever happened was coins falling onto me from the ceiling while trying to astral project. The people who were there still swore that they weren't doing it. And they claimed that two small statues that were there had moved on their own.

For a while I thought this stuff would take me far and I'd receive guidance that would lead into happy circumstances. Well that's not what has happened. At some point I realized I was taking on other people's feelings, and over time I realized I've been dependent on people on just about every level. I was people pleasing, looking for approval, acceptance, validation, positive regard, all the stuff like that.

I spent years with various healers, all of which I was either disappointed in or had a falling out with. The friend I mentioned above who opened the door for me ended up shutting him off spiritually out of fear of things he was dealing with. I had a falling out with just about every friend I ever had because none of them could relate to the things I was interested in.

I started working on myself, trying to not be so devastated by a world that didn't seem to get me or want me. In the past couple months I've been almost solely focused on implementing responsibility for my own self-worth, self-respect, self-acceptance, self-love, and personal boundaries. Within that time almost every close relationship I had either fell apart or has become strained.

So at this point I'm really hesitant and generally unmotivated to get involved with anyone or anything. With TS's videos I started to feel some of that enthusiasm for spirituality again. But I feel sort of stuck. I'm staying with my parents temporarily because of roommate troubles. And I just turned 30. For years I've been trying to get started as a professional energy worker or life coach, but every time I felt a bit of confidence to do it, something would happen which would knock me back down.

Living with my parents is putting pressure on them and on me. But I want to follow my heart as it were, and my heart isn't saying anything other than "ouch." So I don't know where to go and I don't know what to do. Different psychics have given me different answers recently. It's really confusing. I just want to be making a living doing something that brings me satisfaction and have relationships based on mutual respect and love. But I can't say I really know how to make those things happen. And I'm afraid to just try anything because of the possibility of more disappointment. Please help.

Your depressed son,

vivify_enrich"


Dear lost-in-the-abyss son,

I read your letter and I must say that, at this point, you are EXACTLY where you want to be!

I know what you are thinking:
"What in the world are you talking about? I'm feeling disappointment,
confusion, I'm devastated, unmotivated, stuck, my relationships are
falling apart and my heart says 'ouch'. This certainly doesn't feel
like where I want to be!!"

I know it feels bad.. oh believe me I know the feeling. But if we take a closer look we can get a fresh perspective on what's happening here. As an example, let's take a look at your feelings and apply them to something like, say, video games.

When a person plays a video game, what time would they feel stuck, confused, frustrated, and so on?
WHEN THEY ARE ADVANCING IN THE GAME!!!

You know you are going in the right direction when the challenges start getting harder, the path is getting more complex, the enemies are getting bigger, there are more of them, the screen is shaking, the ground is cracking and FIRE IS SHOOTING OUT OF IT, it's getting so serious that even the FRAME RATE is starting to lag a little.

This is when you know that you MUST be near that treasure, that weapon upgrade, the exit to advance to the next level.

I mean, if you're prancing along in a video game and you think "hey this is getting easy! All the doors are open for me" you'll soon realize that you've just backtracked ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BEGINNING!!

This is pretty much the same way it is in life, too. I remember a time when I had a job I didn't like, a small apartment, a boring car, and a bunch of debt. All the people around praised me, told me how they look up to me etc etc, but frankly, I was miserable.

And wouldn't you know it, when I decided to leave that job and start living life my way on my own terms, all those same people started saying "you've changed" and "we're concerned about you" and on and on. Some people just flat out "EXIT, STAGE RIGHT" right out of my life!

You really can't hold such behavior against those you love. When they see you do things that they are too afraid to do, or don't understand or agree with, they'll project their fear, misunderstanding, and disagreement onto YOU!

See, you, me, them, everyone was programmed (mostly at a young age) by things like the media, the culture, generational traditions etc into seeing "job, house, car" as "winning" and having the lack of those things as "losing". It's even beyond winning and losing, it's more like a life and death situation.

Of course, none of this is actually true, and in actuality is a trick! When you talk about "lacking motivation", this is, in reality, a latent fear. For everyone experiencing fear and lack of motivation, I have something to offer.

It is called the Fear (Banishing) Elixir.

It is made with gemstone and crystal vibrations of fluorite, danburite, black tourmaline, hematite, carnelian, amethyst, and selenite in alkaline water . This precise combination of natural herbs has been known to take feelings of inspiration and confidence and ERUPT them to the surface. I included hyperlinks so that you can learn more about it.

(if you open the links above "in a new tab/window" you won't lose this page)

Now, this elixir isn't a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kind of deal (though, in some respects it could be) but it can really help in reducing feelings of fear. And in your case Bobby, since you have a latent fear manifesting as lack of motivation, it will be even MORE helpful.

Also, anytime I'm having such feelings myself, I like to watch some Jim Rohn:


Are you familiar with him? He is FANTASTIC!

Lest we forget, the wonderful Teal Scott. I believe this video she made speaks directly to you and your current feelings about your situation:




-- Sotlio

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Sotlio. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and your enthusiasm. The video game analogy was funny!

    I think it's apt, though perhaps not the way you intended it. I've compared my life to video games a lot, since I've played so many of them in my time. A parallel I've found is that in competitive games, the best I've ever played is when I wasn't worried about the results. So basically, the less I was resisting, the more fun I was having and the better I was performing.

    Thanks for the links. I'll certainly give the videos and elixir a view.

    ReplyDelete